The Retrospec Cub Kids Balance Bike is designed to offer a great riding experience for your child. This bike is manufactured in a way that it is very safe and sturdy, while also requiring minimal assembly and maintenance. It is an ideal choice if you are looking for a bike that your child can get started with since it is suitable for kids aged between 20 months and 5 years.
Retrospec Cub Kids Balance Bike Benefit and features
- The Retrospec Kids Balance Pedal Bike has consistently received positive reviews and ratings by customers. So we can safely say that this is a high quality bike, which however comes at a very reasonable price.
- One of the first things that parents and guardians consider when buying something for their child is safety. With this bike you may put your mind at rest that safety has been given utmost importance throughout the design and manufacturing stage. In fact the bike is CPSC compliant.
- The bike is very easy to assemble.
- Minimal maintenance is required, especially since the bike comes with air-free tires that will not go flat.
- The bike has adjustable handle bars and seat posts, thus offering more comfort as well as safety for your little one.
- This bike comes in several different colors so as to suit varying tastes and preferences. There are two tones for younger kids, and the colors are very vibrant and nicely assigned. There are neutral colors, as well as those ideal for boys or for girls.
- The bike can help to develop your child’s self-confidence. Being able to ride a bike is one of the main milestones for a little kid, and there are several benefits that come along with this. A child will learn how to balance, feet placement, as well as the importance of good coordination.
- Unlike other bikes, this bike does not have pedals. So your child will basically have to move forward by using his/her feet. This makes this a great transition bike as it is easier to ride on it, and meanwhile build confidence to ride a bigger bike later on.
- The frame is very sturdy and kid friendly. The step-through frame and the low stand-over height are other good features of this bike.
Criticism about Retrospec cub balance bike
While this Retrospec bikes are clearly very popular, there are some cons which we encountered, and which we thought we should share with you so that you can make a well informed choice.
- The foot rest is positioned in a place which might be slightly uncomfortable for some kids.
- Is a bit heavy compared to other bikes on the market.
- The wheels are not made of rubber.
- The handlebars and seat are adjustable, but at times they may need to be re-adjusted as they might move.
Retrospec cub kids no pedal balance bicycle FAQs
Here are some commonly asked questions made by customers, and our answers to them.
What is the material of the tires, and are they sturdy enough?
The tires are made from dense foam, and they are robust and do not run the risk of ever going flat.
What is the size of the wheels?
The wheels are 12 inches wide.
What is the maximum and minimum height adjustment for the seat?
The lowest is 12.5 inches from the ground, and the maximum is 17.5 inches.
What is the bike’s frame made from?
It is made from high tensile strength steel and painted.
Does it make any noise?
It is quite quiet, the wheel do not make much noise while riding.
If your child is afraid to ride a bike, then the Retrospec Kids Balance bike is undeniably a great option. With the smaller distance between your little one’s feet and the ground, and the fact that there are no pedals, your child will feel more reassured. Kids will also learn to balance, control speed, and at the same time build confidence while having fun riding.